Vaccines + Dermal Fillers
Canadian Dermatology Association Recommendations (March 2021)
1. A history of having hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal fillers, should not dissuade individuals from receiving a vaccine, including a COVID-19 vaccine.
2. If an individual has had a vaccine, including a COVID-19 vaccine, they are able to receive HA dermal fillers in the future.
3. It may preferable to wait two weeks after vaccination, including the COVID-19 vaccination, to receive HA dermal fillers.
4. It may be preferable to wait two weeks after HA dermal fillers to receive a vaccination, including a COVID-19 vaccine. However, if the opportunity arises to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, it is our opinion that regardless of the timeline of your HA dermal filler treatment, consider having the vaccine.
5. If you have additional questions, please contact SKINSeine for more information.